Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Prince Liam


One thing that I continue to notice about myself is that I can be a very selfish person. One area that God has been stretching me in lately is complaining. Here in America, in small town Brevard we have become very good at complaining when things don’t go the way we want them to go. One thing I am learning to do through the help of a few close friends is asking God "what are you wanting to teach me through this situation?" Many times we miss what God is wanting to teach us because we are so focused on ourselves.

Every once and a while you hear a story that punches you in the gut. These types of stories seem to painful and stir up such raw emotion they are impossible to even fully comprehend. Last week I heard one of those stories.

Last week I received a message that Liam Whitt (4 years old), a little boy that Jessie Garren got to know while she was in the hospital in New York had passed away. Our oldest daughter Marley Ruth is four years old. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that Liam's parents are feeling. When something like this happens it truly brings life into perspective. What is really the most important thing? All the stuff and complaints in our lives seem to fade. It should be like this all the time, but often we need a wake up call from our selfishness.

Please be in prayer for Liam’s family during this time on immense loss.

Psalm 10:17

"You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted;

you encourage them, and you listen to their cry"


If you would like to read more about Liam and Jessie’s stories follow the links bellow

Liam's site

http://princeliamthebrave.blogspot.com/

Jessie's

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessiegarren

0 comments:

Post a Comment