Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Distractions

This coming Sunday as a church we will be ending a forty day journey. It has been a very interesting journey; I am still trying to process all that God has been teaching me. There has been one major theme that God has shown me during this journey. God has shown me how many areas of my normal everyday life can distract me from following God.

One of the distractions that I have in my life is technology. I can be a little bit of a nerd when it comes to TV, PS3, Computers, IPhone, and IPad. Ok I will admit it I am a technology junkie. I didn’t realize how much I was controlled by the habit of turning on the television, checking my phone, or spending time on the Internet.

I read this verse this past week that for some reason really stood out to me.

Psalm 37:5 (NLT)

"Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you."

“Commit everything” just seemed to be jumping of the page when I read Psalm 37. Everything? What does this mean?

everything |ˈevrēˌθi ng |

pronoun

1 all things; all the things of a group or class

all things of importance; a great deal : I lost everything in the crash | he owed everything to his years in Munich.

the most important thing or aspect : money isn't everything.

The question that has been on my heart has been am I willing to commit everything? Are you? What does this look like?

Look at the disciples and what it cost them to follow Jesus. It cost them everything even their lives. How far are you willing to go? Is half a commitment to Jesus any commitment at all? What are the distractions in your life that are keeping you from giving everything to Jesus?

Watch this video from Hillsong and reflect on these questions


0 comments:

Post a Comment