Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tear down your towers.

Let’s just face it.

A lot of high school is about hierarchies.

Who’s at the top, who’s at the bottom.

Who gets the royal treatment, and who doesn’t.

Who’s in the spotlight, and who is off to the sidelines.

But Jesus has no room for pecking orders.

“Love… does not boast. It is not proud.” 1 Corinthians 13:4

Jesus won’t stand for this popularity battle.

It’s easy to see why.

After all, Jesus himself said
"Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: Love others as well as you love yourself. These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them." – Matthew 22:37-39 (The Message).

How can I love others if I’m completely wrapped up in myself and my own affairs?
How can I point to God if I’m pointing at myself?

How can I see God if I’m blinded by my own brilliance?

Stop fanning your tail feathers. Come down off your high roost.

Tear down the towers you've built for yourself. Punch holes in the walls that you've built around your heart.

Put away your royal robes. Clothe yourself in Humility. Lay down your ego. Put on God's righteousness instead.

Let God reign in your life, and look beyond yourself. You have the power and opportunity to impact someone’s life today and grow closer to Christ in the process. Don’t miss it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment